Optimum Nutrition : Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre Workout
Finally A PRE-WORKOUT Worthy Of The GOLD STANDARD Name THIS PRE-WORKOUT IS GOLD STANDARDHAS GONE PRE-WORKOUT ONâs new Gold Standard Pre-Workout unleashes amplified energy, focus, and supports enhanced endurance to help you reach the pinnacle of your game, crush your next set, get that last rep, and achieve some true gains. Whatever your goals, accomplish them all with the pre-workout from the most trusted brand in sports nutrition.* Foundational Ingredients Beyond the Basics 175mg of Caffeine from Natural Sources 1.5g of Carnosyn Beta-Alanine 3g of Creapure Creatine Monohydrate 1.5g of L-Citrulline Malate Banned Substance Free and Certified âInformed-Choice, Trusted by Sportâ 375mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI 250mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine Muscle Matrix including 25mg of AstraGIN This formula raises the bar by providing you with only what you need to achieve your True Strength â made with select banned substance free ingredients, including caffeine from only natural sources (tea and coffee bean) to help dial in intense energy, mental alertness, and sharp focus before you hit the gym. Gold Standard Pre-Workout is also made with only premium ingredients including CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, which supports your intramuscular buffering system to help you train harder, longer and German-engineered Creapure Creatine Monohydrate â one of the […]
BRAND: Cellucor C4 50x
MADE FOR THE ELITE
The most extreme competitors believe in all or nothing, go big or go home. For extreme competitors, average is not enough. There will always be a boundary to break, a limit to push, a goal to demolish, and more to achieve.
After extensive research we developed C4 50X, a pre-workout supplement that matches the competitor’s extreme passion, drive and commitment to succeed.
C4 50X: 50% MORE EXPLOSIVE
For years youâve relied on C4 Extreme to help you raise the bar and push limits. C4 50X is the next step for you, the most extreme competitor. Its formula features approximately 50% more of the active ingredients per scoop that were key to power of the original C4 Extreme. C4 50X also has two new ingredients: the patent- pending TeaCor, an integral part of C4, and patented XCELICOR, the latest innovation in energy–the X-factor ingredient in C4 50X.*
A 360Â° VIEW OF C4 50X:
- 50% more explosive formula
- Features TeaCor
- XCELICOR for energy
- Available in the classic C4 flavors
- Made for the extreme
BURSTING WITH FLAVOR
C4 50X is available in our classic Fruit Punch, Watermelon and Icy Blue Razz flavors. Even though youâll slam it back, youâll want to savor every sip.
BRAND: BPI Sports 1MR Vortex
1.M.R. Vortex (short for “One More Rep”) is a unique product formulated with cutting edge ingredients. The manufacturer, BPI Sports, makes bold statements such as, “There is nothing else out there that will ever make you feel this way â faster, stronger, harder than anything else you’ve ever tried.” Making such claims, they really set the bar high.
This is the latest formula in the 1MR franchise – released in early 2014 – which marks the 3rd or 4th revision of the product.
The Fitness Deal News Review
We gotta be honest with you. It tasted like cough medicine. But that was completely forgotten after the workout began, and the pumps and focus fired up! See Mike and CJ’s review below:
While a number of the ingredients in 1.M.R. Vortex have been thoroughly studied and proven effective, there is an insignificant amount of evidence backing some of the key components of the supplement. We can at least provide you with some general information pertaining to these ingredients.
There are some newcomer ingredients here, which have never been used in this role as a fitness supplement. Oftentimes, “antioxidant-like” ingredients work well for amplifying nitric oxide levels and pumps, but we can’t speculate. The success of this formula rests largely upon the effectiveness of the formula, specifically in a fitness capacity. We can at least provide you with some general information about BPI Sports’ 1.M.R. Vortex and these new ingredients.
The company included niacin in the form of nicotinic acid, at 20mg per serving, which is equivalent to 100% of the recommended daily value. Niacin has been shown to improve circulation and nervous system function, as well as aid in the formation of stress and sex related hormones.
Caffeine appears in the form of caffeine anhydrous. This popular stimulant is a key ingredient that is commonly used in a number of pre-workout products. It has undoubtedly gained its popularity due to its profound effect as a stimulant, but it has also proven useful as a fat loss agent and appetite suppressant.[3, 4, 5]
Unfortunately, we have no clue how much caffeine is in each scoop, which will make dosing this product a bit of a challenge â for first timers and old pros.
Glycerol is present in the form of glycerol monostearate. Most studies pertaining to athletic performance and general fitness show that glycerol acts as a hyper hydration agent by increasing water retention and delaying dehydration.[6, 7]
- Glycerol is the one pump ingredient in 1.M.R., and judging by the label, a single scoop likely won’t be enough for any noticeable effect.
White leadwort, also known as plumbago, is a root extract from an herbaceous plant. Several studies on the phytochemical plumbagin demonstrate anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.[8-12]
Studies of Indigofera pulchra are extremely limited. Two, in particular, show that the plant has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.[13,14]
Securinega suffruticosa leaf and root extract
Securinega suffruticosa leaf and root extract is another ingredient that lacks significant evidence supporting any major fitness related benefits, however the plant contains an alkaloid known as securinine, which is a GABA receptor antagonist. GABA is known as an inhibitory neurotransmitter (meaning that it inhibits neurons from firing in the brain). By blocking the action of GABA, securinine acts vicariously as a central nervous system stimulant.[15,16]
Yohimbe is a plant that has been documented to effectively treat male impotence.[17,18] Studies also provide evidence that the plant plays a role in promoting fat loss.[19, 20]
Proprietary pre-workout blends
While a number of the components present in this blend are lacking adequate evidence to prove their efficacy, the same can be said for a number of more popular ingredients, even though they’re relatively new to the supplement industry. And despite a lack of scientific evidence, 1.M.R Vortex is a popular pre-workout supplement that generally gets good reviews from its users.
Directions for use
BPI Sports recommends using this product on training days only. Consume one serving (1 scoop) 15 to 30 minutes prior to training. They suggest blending it with 6 oz. to 8 oz. of cold water or a beverage of your choice.
Too much caffeine may cause unwanted side effects. Since there’s no way of knowing how much of the stimulant is added to 1.M.R Vortex, a good rule of thumb is to limit consumption of caffeinated beverages and supplements while using this pre-workout. Additionally, there is a considerable amount of niacin, a B vitamin. Niacin may cause minor side effects, such as temporary flushing, skin reddening, tingling, and sensations of warmth.
Do not exceed one serving of 1.M.R Vortex per training day. Avoid consumption of food and protein shakes within an hour of use. Taking the product with food, or on a full stomach, may interfere with and diminish its effectiveness. This product may cause sleeplessness if taken within four hours of bedtime. Because the levels of caffeine are not noted in the proprietary blend, we warn against any additional caffeine intake.
- BPI Sports; “1MR Vortex;” 2013
- University of Maryland Medical Center; “Vitamin B3 (Niacin);” August 2011
- Westerterp Plantenga MS., et. al.; Obesity Research; “Body weight loss and weight maintenance in relation to habitual caffeine intake and green tea supplementation;” July 2005
- Wilcox AR.; Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise; “The effects of caffeine and exercise on body weight, fat-pad weight, and fat-cell size;” 1982
- Swartzendruber K.; Michigan State University Extension; “Health benefits and risks associated with caffeine;” March 2013
- Van Rosendal SP., et. al.; Sports Medicine; “Guidelines for glycerol use in hyperhydration and rehydration associated with exercise;” February 2010
- Wingo J., et. al.; Journal of Athletic Training; “Influence of a Pre-Exercise Glycerol Hydration Beverage on Performance and Physiologic Function During Mountain-Bike Races in the Heat;” April to June 2004
- SivaKumar V.,Niranjali Devaraj S; Drug and Chemical Toxicology.; “Protective effect of Plumbago zeylanica against cyclophosphamide-induced genotoxicity and oxidative stress in Swiss albino mice;” 2006
- Kumar S., et. al.; Mutation research; “Antimutagenic and antioxidant properties of plumbagin and other naphthoquinones;” July 2013
- Kuo PL., et. al.; Molecular cancer therapeutics; “Plumbagin induces G2-M arrest and autophagy by inhibiting the AKT/mammalian target of rapamycin pathway in breast cancer cells;” December 2006
- Lai L., et. al.; British Journal of Pharmacology; “Plumbagin inhibits tumour angiogenesis and tumour growth through the Ras signalling pathway following activation of the VEGF receptor-2;” February 2012
- Subhash P., et. al.; Medicinal research reviews; “Perspectives on Medicinal Properties of Plumbagin and Its Analogs;” 2010
- Bakasso S., et. al.; Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences: PJBS; “Polyphenol contents and antioxidant activities of five Indigofera species (Fabaceae) from Burkina Faso;” June 2008
- Hassan HS., et. al.; African Journal of Traditional, Complementary, and Alternative Medicines: AJTCAM African Networks on Ethnomedicines.; “Anti-inflammatory activity of crude saponin extracts from five nigerian medicinal plants;” December 2011
- Beutler JA., et. al.; Brain Research; “Securinine alkaloids: a new class of GABA receptor antagonist;” March 1985
- Johnston G.; British Journal of Pharmacology; “Advantages of an antagonist: bicuculline and other GABA antagonists;” December 2012
- Guay AT, et. al.; International Journal of Impotence Research; “Yohimbine treatment of organic erectile dysfunction in a dose-escalation trial;” February 2002
- Vogt HJ., et. al.; International Journal of Impotence Research; “Double-blind, placebo-controlled safety and efficacy trial with yohimbine hydrochloride in the treatment of nonorganic erectile dysfunction;” September 1997
- Ostojic SM; Research in Sports Medicine; “Yohimbine: the effects on body composition and exercise performance in soccer players;” October to December 2006
- McCarty MF; Medical Hypotheses; ” Pre-exercise administration of yohimbine may enhance the efficacy of exercise training as a fat loss strategy by boosting lipolysis;” June 2002
BRAND: BPI Sports PUMP-HD
Note: The Pump HD New Formula is out! The new formula is in the 25 serving size!
Pre-Workout Muscle Builder
- Intensity / Energy for Explosive Workouts*
- Strength / Power / Endurance*
- Skin Tearing Pumps and Vascularity*
- Increased Lean Muscle Mass*
- No Maltodextrin / No Fillers
PUMP-HD is the premier Pre-Workout Muscle Builder, formulated with well-researched, trialed and tested ingredients proven to build muscle and increase exercise performance. Combine this with the strongest Pre-Workout Energy System on shelves today, for explosive workouts unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. PUMP-HD contains the clinically tested form of Beta-Alanine, CarnoSyn, which has been shown in groundbreaking research to be the gold standard for improving performance, power, stamina, and endurance. CarnoSyn works as a lactic acid buffer, reducing fatigue and increasing exercise capacity. In short it allows you to train harder and longer. In fact, research shows that each dose of CarnoSyn literally builds on the dose before, and that performance continues to increase with ongoing use. PUMP-HD also contains Ornithine AKG for its pro-anabolic and anti-catabolic effects. Creatine Monohydrate the most researched muscle building supplement on the planet. Leucine for stimulating protein synthesis, pump and vascularity instigating profile unlike any other. To complete this lean muscle building formula we’ve added an advanced Electrolyte Blend to rehydrate and refresh for maximal muscle output.*
The Almighty Muscle Pump
We always hear the term “muscle pump” in the gym and bodybuilding magazines, but what’s the real deal? The most famous bodybuilders of all time describe it as the best feeling you can ever get in the gym; when your muscles feel so pumped that they are about to explode. The veins in your arms are bulging out of your skin and you walk out of the gym looking twice as big as you did when you walked in. It’s the standard by which we measure the effectiveness or productivity of our workouts.
This “pump” that each of us chase is the ultimate blood infusion into the muscle. So what causes this “pump?” It’s very simple actually. It is repeated muscular activity, such as concentrated and intense weight training repetitions, that trigger the body to open the floodgates of nutrient and oxygen rich blood into the muscle. This in turn equals bigger, fuller muscles during your workout and ultimately new muscle growth.*
The Truth About Nitric Oxide
Unfortunately, Nitric Oxide products have become synonymous with the word pump. It has been a constant debate as to whether or not PUMP products have a place in a True Bodybuilders’ regimen. The answer is of course YES. A REAL pump product that is, but we need to get with the program.
So, let’s get this straight once and for all; Nitric Oxide is a gas, and an incredibly unstable one at that. In fact, Nitric Oxide, in simplest terms, is a combustion byproduct. You Can Not take a pill, an injection, or a drink of Nitric Oxide and harness the benefits! So, what if there was something that you could take that would solicit a True Muscle Pump – a product that really does work? The scientific development team at BPI SPORTS has created what we feel is just such a product: PUMP-HD.*
The Perfect Muscle Building and Pump Instigating Pre-Workout
Look, there is definitely a place for stim’d out, super fanatical energy based pre-workout powders that take your mind, body and workout to insane places. Ever hear of 1MR? Yeah, you get our point. However, what about anyone out there looking for that Pure, Unadulterated, Muscle Building Preworkout support with big doses of powerful performance, strength, muscle and pump enhancing ingredients? PUMP-HD is the Premier Pre-Workout Muscle Builder and the most dedicated all around Blood Pumping Machine on the planet! It is an A-to-Z Complete Pre-Workout that is designed to make every training session a series of “show and tell” workouts for everyone else in the gym. Remember everything we just said about that true, ultimate muscle pump? This is the product that you’ve been waiting for. PUMP-HD is the Juice that is definitely worth the Squeeze.*
The ENERGY in PUMP-HD is well contained mind candy. It is a constant feeding frenzy of focused energy support and pump perfection that will fill every muscle in your body like a Nobel prize winning science experiment. This energy is designed to put your mind and body in motion. This energy is designed to help support muscle building, not move around it. It is the energy that forces each and every contraction of the muscle and the blood that follows. It will help force you to do more repetitions in a shorter period of time. Bottom line… each and every action gets an equal reaction.*
PUMP-HD is a model of perfection and the greatest pre-workout formula ever created by the team at BPI Sports. Nothing has ever been this complete. Nothing in the BPI Sports product line has ever delivered these results.*
The Gym Isn’t the Only Place You Build Muscle
How many pounds of steel and iron are you going to throw from one end of the gym to the other until you get it? How many times are you going to ask some dude in the corner of the gym what he’s doing that you’re not?
Here’s the bottom line… It’s not what you do when you step inside a gym, it’s what you do when you’re outside of it. Why do I say that? Simple, you’re in the gym 2 hours at most during the day and the other 22 hours you’re not. You need to put the proper nutrients, in the proper doses, in your body to maximize your training and maximize your results. You want the insane skin tearing pumps? Well then, stop wasting your time and money buying products that do not work… Want a real pump, real workout and real results? PUMP-HD will allow you to “connect the dots” to Absolute Muscle Contraction and Mind Connection support.*